University and Hospital 403(b) Plans
Through our relationship with our Registered Investment Advisor, LPL Financial, we can actively advise and guide our clients within their existing plan Fidelity 403(b) or 457 plans
But with all the other financial professionals competing for your money and free financial advice to boot, why use a firm like Mission Point Planning and Retirement to help?
Many of our existing clients at Beaumont, U of M or MSU come to us because they want something more from there investments. We find they tend to be in one or more of the following situations.
- They are within 10 years of retirement and are deeply concerned about risk and ‘another 2008.’ They know that cannot emotionally or financially take another hit like 1987, the Great Recessions, or the Covid-19 Market Meltdown They need strategies that are more diversified want a plan in advance how to manage the risk and opportunity in their portfolio.
- They are over 10 years from retirement and want to seek to maximize their growth potential between now and when they retire. They are comfortable with greater risk and don’t mind allocating portions of their retirement to high risk/reward sectors like exponential technology, bio tech, health care, gold or emerging markets like China and India in the attempt to gain outsized returns. They just don’t know how to do so.
- Appreciate the impact of taxes and want a professional to optimize their current and future tax burdens. Should they contribute all of their money pre-tax? Or Roth? How will lowering their adjusted gross income impact their ability qualify for other tax credits? We design contribution allocations with their accountant or tax professional among Roth and Pre-tax versions of the 403(b) and 457 plans.
- Want a customized portfolio based on their social or religious views while still working towards their financial objectives. Many people want their investments to do more than grow, they need them to align with their deepest held beliefs. We custom design and then manage portfolios that comply with both Muslim and Christian values along with other environmentally and socially conscious values.
- Want proactive management and won’t settle for ’buy and hold’. They want a strategy in advance on when, where and how to make adjustments to their accounts. We proactively develop a rebalancing plan that will maintain our clients risk tolerance (do you know yours?) and periodically buy (when the market low) and sell (when the market is high) based on wll defined rules and processes rather than fear or press induced mania.
This material was created for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as ERISA, tax, legal or investment advice. If you are seeking investment advice specific to your needs, such advice services must be obtained on your own separate from this educational material.
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results. All indices are unmanaged and may not be invested into directly. A Roth IRA offers tax deferral on any earnings in the account. Qualified withdrawals of earnings from the account are tax-free. Withdrawals of earnings prior to age 59 ½ or prior to the account being opened for 5 years, whichever is later, may result in a 10% IRS penalty tax. Limitations and restrictions may apply. Contributions to a traditional IRA may be tax deductible in the contribution year, with current income tax due at withdrawal. Withdrawals prior to age 59 ½ may result in a 10% IRS penalty tax in addition to current income tax. Investing involves risk including loss of principal. No strategy assures success or protects against loss. Asset allocation does not ensure a profit or protect against loss. Tactical allocation may involve more frequent buying and selling of assets and will tend to generate higher transaction cost. Investors should consider the tax consequences of moving positions more frequently. This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax or legal advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific situation with a qualified tax or legal advisor.
Building more resilient portfolios and investors, all within your existing 403(b) plan.