University and Hospital 403(b) Plans
As fiduciary only financial advisors and through our relationship with Fidelity and our Registered Investment Advisor, Securities America Advisors, we can actively advise and guide our clients within their existing plan Fidelity 403(b) or 457 plans
But with all the other financial advisors competing for your money and free financial advice to boot, why use a firm like Mission Point Planning and Retirement to help?
Many of our existing clients at Beaumont, U of M or MSU come to us because they want something more from there investments. We find they tend to be in one or more of the following situations.
- They are within 10 years of retirement and are deeply concerned about risk and ‘another 2008.’ They know that cannot emotionally or financially take another hit like 1987, the Great Recessions, or the 34% loss in March of 2020 due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. They need strategies that are more diversified want a plan in advance how to manage the risk and opportunity in their portfolio.
- They are over 10 years from retirement and would like to maximize their growth potential between now and when they retire. They are comfortable with greater risk and don’t mind allocating portions of their retirement to high risk/reward sectors like exponential technology, bio tech, health care, gold or emerging markets like China and India in the attempt to gain outsized returns. They just don’t know how to do so.
- Appreciate the impact of taxes and want a professional to optimize their current and future tax burdens. Should they contribute all of their money pre-tax? Or Roth? How will lowering their adjusted gross income impact their ability qualify for other tax credits? We design contribution allocations with their accountant or tax professional among Roth and Pre-tax versions of the 403(b) and 457 plans to ensure the they are maximizing the tax situation for them, not Uncle Sam.
- Want a customized portfolio based on their social or religious views while still accomplishing their financial objectives. Many people want their investments to do more than grow, they need them to align with their deepest held beliefs. We custom design and then manage portfolios that comply with both Muslim and Christian values along with other environmentally and socially conscious values.
- Want proactive management and won’t settle for ’buy and hold’. They want a strategy in advance on when, where and how to make adjustments to their accounts. We proactively develop a rebalancing plan that will maintain our clients risk tolerance (do you know yours?) and periodically buy (when the market low) and sell (when the market is high) based on wll defined rules and processes rather than fear or press induced mania.
Building more resilient portfolios and investors, all within your existing 403(b) plan.